Friday, March 28, 2008

Margaret's Knee Update

Today the pathology report came in. Good news, but different results then what was originally thought. First off, it is benign! Praise God... Huge relief for all of us.

We were told after surgery that the tumor was AVM. However, the pathology report came back saying that the biopsy showed that it was actually a vascular capillary congental hemangioma. I'm sure you have the same "huh" response I had when the nurse told me that. Luckily, CCH had some good info on their website. The doctor also told me that they have one of the largest and best Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Centers in the country. He did refer us to them and we will hopefully have an appointment soon. He also said that this could come back and would need to be monitored. I don't have any details other then the above right now. I do have lots of questions right now that will hopefully be answered at the next appointment. If you have questions feel free to ask me. I might not have an answer but if it's not on the question list it might be added to it.

Michael and I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. We never felt alone through all of this. The power of prayer is just amazing!

God Bless all of you!

No comments: