Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Margaret Update

Margaret is healing very well. She has been so amazing to watch through all of the recovery phase. She must have a high pain tolerance because she did not need to take much in the way of pain medicine. Her incision on her leg has scarred over and the scabs are coming off. It looks great and should fade away. I don't think that there will be any scar on her leg in a few years.

I was able to get her an appointment at the Vascular Malformation Center at the CCH. Her appointment is on April 22nd. When I called to make the appointment I was told that I would need to fill out the intake paperwork along with some other information, send photos of Margaret and her leg, and also the front and back of her insurance card. She also wanted me to get this to her within the next 2 -2 1/2 hours so that the doctors could review it the next day. They review intake files once a week and if they accept your case then they would see you on a Tuesday (they only see patients on Tuesdays). So I was a little nervous about the "accepting her case" part. Then I opened up the paperwork that needed to be completed... apx. 20 pages! I about died. I had Addie standing next to me asking 101 questions and Margaret on my lap crying then nursing. Some how I managed to get it all completed and sent in that day. Then I did not get the call back the day the lady told me I would. I was REALLY nervous then. When I called her to find out she was just waiting for the surgeon's office to call back to see if they could coordinate appointments for Margaret. Nice thought but Margaret did not have a follow up appointment.

It was a big relief for all of us when we found out that she was accepted. I really think that it was harder to apply for the center and wait to be accepted then it will be for the girl's college applications and acceptances.

No comments: