Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Update


I can't believe that a week has almost went by since I last posted! Time is flying... As you know we did not get any Halloween photos, but my parents did! So here are three photos my mom took of Addie at the airport all dressed up for trick or treating.
A lot has happened in the last week. Addie had her first music class last Thursday. She loved it and keeps asking when she gets to go again. The class is made up of mostly home schooled families and they meet at my neighbor's house. The lady who is teaching the class also does kindermusik and music therapy. Along with the "normal" age appropriate learning she also is teaching them how to read music. I was very surprised how fast Addie picked it up. In fact, Sunday at Mass she was busy reading the music notes!

Saturday we spent the day outside working in the garden and yard. We did everything from cut back the blackberry bushes, take down the deer fence, dig up potatoes, put stuff for the winter to racking leaves. Addie and one of her friends spend the day playing outside while we worked. They had a blast playing in the leaves and helping Michael spot the potatoes. You would have thought that they where digging for lost treasure. They also kept busy "saving worms" by covering them up with dirt when ever one got unearthed in the garden. Unfortunately after a great day of work my back was back out of place again. The chiropractor worked on it Monday but it's still not right. Hopefully tomorrow morning he will get it fixed.

I've been busy sewing up a storm. I'll try to post photos soon but for now I'll just give you the list of things. I've made 10 fleece scarves with a fallish embroidery pattern on them, a Mei Tai baby carrier, a fleece pullover for me, 2 sets of 5 hand puppets, and a huge stack of diapers! My back might be out but the one thing I can still do is sew. I have several other sewing projects for this week. Mainly Addie's Christmas presents. She is going to be gone visiting grandparents so it will be my one chance to sew without her helping me.

No comments: