Friday, October 12, 2007

Great Times with Great Family

Thursday grandpa and grandma Suiter came for the day. Addie and I had a great time. We where also able to meet Michael for lunch at a great local bbq restaurant. After lunch Addie and I took them for a drive through the country to a local apple orchard where we literally bought a trunk full of apples. I bought 5 bushels for applesauce and apple pie filling that I will be making with a neighbor this weekend. We also bought some of the best apple cider there as well. It's made the old fashioned way and it tastes so good that I keep checking the label to make sure it really is just 100% apples. And it always is... When we got back from the orchard we where able to play Skip-bo before my grandparents left. Addie loved playing cards with them. Of course it helped that she got about every single skip-bo in the deck and totally creamed us! If this trend keeps up she will be the next skip-bo queen in the family. Watch out Anne!

Speaking of Anne, Addie spent her evening packing and planning her weekend trip to my sister Anne's place. I just hope that Anne and Ryan have been saving up their energy because they are going to need it. Today I'm going to meet Anne halfway between our houses (about a 2 hour drive each way). Then on Sunday Michael and I are going to drive to Ohio to pick up Addie and see their new place. While Addie's gone for the weekend Michael and his dad are planning on trying to finish up priming the outside trim on the house since it is going to be to cold to paint within the next week or two. I'm planning on spending my day canning with my neighbor and Michael's mom. It should be a full weekend for all of us!

No comments: