Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Apples!


What a busy weekend. I'm finally recovering from our busy weekend. Saturday we put up 51 quarts of apples. We made 22 quarts of apple pie filling and 29 quarts of apple sauce. We also made 3 apple pies. Peggy and my neighbor helped with it. We started at 8am and finished at 8pm. I still have a lot of apples left but I'll be working on them a little at a time in the afternoons until I get through them all. If you are wondering how we will be able to eat all these apples don't worry, only half of them are ours. The other half is our neighbors.



Michael and Bill kept busy on Saturday as well. They hung two new storm doors and repaired the third one. Then they tarred the roof where it is leaking and measured the chimney for a cap.
Addie spent her weekend with my sister and her husband who live in Ohio. She had a great time. She was so wore out though that she asked to take a nap twice on Monday! They must have done some serious playing for her to be that tired.

No comments: